[ts-gen] segmentation faults

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Wed Aug 20 21:53:56 EDT 2008

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008, Paul C wrote:

> nb: I notice the .shimrc in the tarball is empty (and with
> an old version in $HOME/.shimrc, lacking recent additional
> variables, that could cause a problem)

Bill has left for the evening, but I am pleased, and I am sure
he will be tomorrow, as to your report.  Interesting that 64
bit Debian works; my testing with a 32 bit i386 Debian testing
had connection problems which I sent a trace of to Bill
already.

As to the empty .shimrc, this is may be a change, but is
trivial to fix.  I run, as I would encourage you, with a
    ~/.shimrc
in place with local database and TWS server details.  As part
of 'unrolling' each new tarball, I also remove that empty
.shimrc, and copy the one at ~/.shimrc into place.

-- Russ herrold