[ts-gen] .shimrc file [was: segmentation faults]

Bill Pippin pippin at owlriver.net
Fri Aug 22 21:08:44 EDT 2008

Paul C (<paulq2o0 at yahoo.co.uk>) notes:

> I also get an immediate seg fault (amd64) if
> there's NO .shimrc anywhere.

Thanks for pointing this out.  For a desktop user with mysql and
tws all localhost, it's entirely possible for the defaults to be
sufficient, and although I expected shimrc files to be the common
case, I did not mean to force their use.  And I certainly didn't
want a crash; there is an exception test one layer up for
a *reason*.

The case of no shimrc file is now fixed.  For the common case where
you need an rc file for connect parameters, but forget to provide
one, you'll now get a different exception, either 511 for dbms init
or 520 for socket connect, rather than 502 for shimrc flaws; and if
you edit data.c to change the defaults, you can get by without one
if you so choose.

Thanks,

Bill